younggunls1

Black Betty Build

Guess I'll start a Mod Thread as well. It will grow slowly im sure lol.

First mod $12 - lol - Goes good with my INFINITI Door Sills that are lit as well tho. Took 30 seconds to install, took me more time to walk to other side of car and open the door to put passenger side in then it actually did to put each one in. Pop out, plug new one in, pop back in. Was a direct plug and play setup. I was impressed cuz the one on my cadillac took more work, and werent a direct plug and play setup.

37750768316_0ac3914a16_c.jpg

First polish/wax: I plan to clay bar the whole car, use my cyclo buffer to buff the entire car and get the micro swirls out, then wax it again. I need a full afternoon or morning for that tho (4 or 5 hours id guess) so gonna wait til it cools down more.

37766973672_17ce454b3c_c.jpg

37766974292_a737693398_c.jpg

37750772076_6ee7a07288_c.jpg

37766976682_708942cc14_c.jpg

Stayed clean for about 2 hours before it got rained on and dusty...black is such a pain in the ass but it looks so nice. the SS is sitting in the garage all clean and waiting to be sold so Betty gets dirty for now.

Just Ordered this Roof Spoiler.  Little different design then the other ones I had on my G35 and GTO   a bit more aggressive overhang, I guess it's called the R type after looking at a bunch of them on ebay.. I like it. Hopefully looks good.

Next is black grille, but I just don't want to spend $170 on it til my SS sells.

s-l1600.jpg

I agree with the black thing. I forgot how dirty a black car can get. Sucks to be honest. But when clean....:wub:

The door lights are a really nice mod. There might a version for my car as well...might be copying you on this one

Exhaust purchased...

This setup has been out of stock for as long as I've been looking for a G37. I just assumed the company stopped making them. I wanted to do a muffler delete on my car because it is EASY  to do and to put it back to stock if I ever want to, just store the mufflers away in the garage, and it's WAY less $$$$ to do it vs the $600 axle back systems and $1000+ Catbacks.  Anyway, I took them off today in about 20 minutes and it sounds fantastic. I think my Gas Mileage is going to drop lol. I figured Rather than going to the muffler shop and having them do shitty crush bend piping and have to buy new tips, and not be able to put the stock mufflers back on after they weld it all, I decided to search one more time on Ebay for a used one of these possibly. To my surprise they are back in stock, felt like it was meant to be, plus I made an offer on it and they accepted. So I just purchased this axle back kit. Bolts right in place of factory mufflers and requires no welding or modifications PLUS I can put it back to stock in half and hour. I believe just to have pipes bent, welded, hangers, and the cost of new tips and to have them welded as well I would have spent about the same or more than this setup and it would have been shitty compared to this and unable to go back to stock ever. Hopefully it stays sounding good.

CATBACK-G3537-AXLE-1__64680.1489683075.3

I hope they ship this and it arrives by this weekend.. Im stoked to get it installed.. Looked at some pics online and the tips that come with this setup look great on the car. 
Well that came as a surprise. Nice. Really want to see the ride dude. Maybe we can meet somewhere this week so I can pass by and check it out. Actually I'll wait until the exhaust is installed first

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, damian said:

Well that came as a surprise. Nice. Really want to see the ride dude. Maybe we can meet somewhere this week so I can pass by and check it out. Actually I'll wait until the exhaust is installed first

Ya it was kinda impulse buy... Needs to stay on the downlow.. What happens on this site stays on this site lol. But ya because when stock runs out from this company I've read it can be forever  before they make more.. If they even do. Guess it's been like that for years because when they have stock people announce it on the forums and they buy them up quickly. Most go with the cat back or y pipe back in the case of this company, but I didn't want to spend that much nor felt it necessary being the sound seems pretty good just without the mufflers. Not sure how adding the pipes and larger tips will affect the sound, hoping it doesn't make it too much louder as it's just the right volume right now. 

Well driving around working today and sound is definitely nice. Just hoping it doesn't get louder after the pipes go on, as it's as loud as I prefer it to be right now. I'm thinking tho since the exhaust is coming out beneath the car right now almost like beneath the rear seat instead of out the back, it should cut down on interior sound when the pipes go on due to the sound going out the back and not bouncing off the ground underneath into the cabin? Just a guess tho. Thoughts? 

3 hours ago, younggunls1 said:

Well driving around working today and sound is definitely nice. Just hoping it doesn't get louder after the pipes go on, as it's as loud as I prefer it to be right now. I'm thinking tho since the exhaust is coming out beneath the car right now almost like beneath the rear seat instead of out the back, it should cut down on interior sound when the pipes go on due to the sound going out the back and not bouncing off the ground underneath into the cabin? Just a guess tho. Thoughts? 

Maybe a sound clip video comparing with the pipes and without them is in order? 

Terrible video.. Rain coming off roof of house in background and in garage... Revved to about 4500..redline on this car is around 7200 so you can imagine how it screams up top.. But here it is

Pipes will be here Friday. Hopefully not too late, and I can get them installed before someone is home from work lol. 

Just listened to that video.. Sounds nothing like that in person honestly.. So smooth and that classic infiniti sound.. Guess it's hard to capture. Edit.. Listened to it through my surround sound and sounded pretty decent 

Not same model but nice wheels setupfa00def0a3f85976c06384e34c2ca89c.jpgd31abed7fb7d02312dc7c8002a73d746.jpgefdd75caec7f53cb3544b663fb1fc001.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

These are very similar to mine. I like this style

Terrible video.. Rain coming off roof of house in background and in garage... Revved to about 4500..redline on this car is around 7200 so you can imagine how it screams up top.. But here it is

Too quiet for my liking but I'm sure it sounds better in person. Is hard to do exhaust sound on YouTube.

2 hours ago, damian said:

Too quiet for my liking but I'm sure it sounds better in person. Is hard to do exhaust sound on YouTube.

Ya it's louder in person.. And over 5000rpm it screams. I'm getting used to it already tho, but it's been gorgeous the last few days so I've been driving with windows down. Just the right sound. But I honestly think it's gonna be louder with the pipes just because I'm increasing the diameter and adding 4 inch tips to it... The exhaust exits through 1.75 inch pipe now.. It will go up to 2.5 inch and then basically have a megaphone for tips.. Should increase the volume. Pipes get here today still and plan to have them on today.. UPS usually delivers around 4-5pm here (fed ex and post office  is morning so I hate ups now lol) I'll try to get a decent video but you'll like it in person for sure... Just can't Rev it much here... It's a quiet small community.. I'll get bitched at lol   these massive cans are what I removed... New pipes will be weight savings... And less weight means faster bitches lol

20171027_123656.jpg

Fucking hate UPS... 6pm almost and still not here... My packages always arrive by 4... Latest ever was 5. Of course the one day I want it on time... Which is still stupid late compared to the others,  so I can install since I have somewhere to go and have to leave at 7 it doesn't show up yet. From now on I'm gonna special request no UPS when it asks me. Supposed to rain tomorrow so won't get it on then either

Fucking hate UPS... 6pm almost and still not here... My packages always arrive by 4... Latest ever was 5. Of course the one day I want it on time... Which is still stupid late compared to the others,  so I can install since I have somewhere to go and have to leave at 7 it doesn't show up yet. From now on I'm gonna special request no UPS when it asks me. Supposed to rain tomorrow so won't get it on then either
They have been delivering really late with all the wild fires in California and all. Usually mines get here at around 5 to 5:45. Yesterday I package I was waiting on got here at 8:30

30 minutes ago, damian said:

They have been delivering really late with all the wild fires in California and all. Usually mines get here at around 5 to 5:45. Yesterday I package I was waiting on got here at 8:30

It's been on truck for delivery since 830 this morning... 10 hours later still nothing. Wild fires shouldn't have shit to do with it once it's on the truck for delivery 

Got it at 6:45 right after I changed to get ready to leave... I quick changed again, went out.. Had it installed in 10 minutes  (slip two hangers in and bolt it on for each side). Easiest install ever and looks great... Sound a good deal louder now... Quiet while cruising still and zero drone so perfect.. Ran in, rinsed off and was out the door by 7:05. Taking the old mufflers off was the longer part.. About half hour.. But since they were off it was all ready to go it took no time st all. Sounds awesome. 

Before:
37549743036_cc358b3299_c.jpg

After Removal:
37838773006_13d9b3ab1e_c.jpg

After Install:
37280259504_23a414c141_c.jpg

37989222561_143e5b2deb_c.jpg

37280260034_27259a1f9e_c.jpg

Videos soon hopefully.
Are they even with the bumper or do they go past the rear bumper? Could be a pic angle thing not sure. Thickness is much better on this one for sure. I hate thin exhaust pipes