Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
damian

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk

Recommended Posts

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk

 

Specifications

VEHICLE TYPE: front-engine, all-wheel-drive, 5-passenger, 4-door hatchback

ESTIMATED BASE PRICE: $86,995

ENGINE TYPE: supercharged and intercooled pushrod 16-valve V-8, iron block and aluminum heads, port fuel injection

DISPLACEMENT: 376 cu in, 6166 cc
POWER: 707 hp @ 6000 rpm
TORQUE: 645 lb-ft @ 4800 rpm

TRANSMISSION: 8-speed automatic with manual shifting mode

DIMENSIONS:
WHEELBASE: 114.7 in
LENGTH: 189.8 in
WIDTH: 76.5 in HEIGHT: 67.9 in
PASSENGER VOLUME: 106 cu ft
CARGO VOLUME: 36 cu ft
CURB WEIGHT (C/D EST): 5300 lb

PERFORMANCE (C/D EST):
Zero to 60 mph: 3.6 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 8.9 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 12.1 sec
Top speed: 180 mph

FUEL ECONOMY (C/D EST):
EPA combined/city/highway: 13/11/17 mpg

 

 

Full article below....as expected...beast http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2018-jeep-grand-cherokee-trackhawk-first-drive-review

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude trackhawk might be made by a Chinese company soon.

I'm not sure if FCA deal will go through but apparently the Chinese company is honing in on the Jeep brand

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First I looked at the 1/4 mile... 12.1 while fast I was like with over 700hp that seems slow actually...considering the hellcats are a full second quicker. Then saw the curb weight of this thing lol. 5300lbs... My God that's heavy! Mine weighs 4700 lbs. So that time makes sense being the curb weight of a hellcat is about 900 lbs less. (4450 for hellcat is what I found by Google it) 

Then I looked at price tag.. Lol $87,000.. For a JEEP.. I know it's most powerful SUV out there but cmon.. Prices are just getting ridiculous these days. 

 

Bad ass SUV for sure still tho

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, younggunls1 said:

First I looked at the 1/4 mile... 12.1 while fast I was like with over 700hp that seems slow actually...considering the hellcats are a full second quicker. Then saw the curb weight of this thing lol. 5300lbs... My God that's heavy! Mine weighs 4700 lbs. So that time makes sense being the curb weight of a hellcat is about 900 lbs less. (4450 for hellcat is what I found by Google it) 

Then I looked at price tag.. Lol $87,000.. For a JEEP.. I know it's most powerful SUV out there but cmon.. Prices are just getting ridiculous these days. 

 

Bad ass SUV for sure still tho

 

Prices in general are getting up there. A 2018 mustang might be at around 45,000 .. that's a lot for a mustang. Not sure when and / what will happen when prices for new cars get to the point where they are just not affordable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2017 at 1:11 PM, damian said:

Prices in general are getting up there. A 2018 mustang might be at around 45,000 .. that's a lot for a mustang. Not sure when and / what will happen when prices for new cars get to the point where they are just not affordable

This is why I buy used.. My 2014 Cadillac that stickered for 50k I bought it certified used in 2015 for 28k...with a full warranty that was actually longer than the factory warranty. To me it just isn't worth buying new.. But I also can't afford to buy new either.. One day when I can afford it I'll buy a new car just to say I did it but for now.. I stick to used. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, younggunls1 said:

This is why I buy used.. My 2014 Cadillac that stickered for 50k I bought it certified used in 2015 for 28k...with a full warranty that was actually longer than the factory warranty. To me it just isn't worth buying new.. But I also can't afford to buy new either.. One day when I can afford it I'll buy a new car just to say I did it but for now.. I stick to used. 

 

 

yeah buying new its not very smart. Unless you got the money to spend it like that. I say, let someone else take the bigger hit and then come in after and buy the car used (with low miles) ...my car sold new for 40k...I bought it used with 3500 miles for 26k :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×