Sign in to follow this  
younggunls1

Ran a new challenger R/T

Hit a light with a challenger R/T today.. Was newer one I'm assuming.. Had the orange rings around the headlights. Not sure what they have for power.. Sounded like he was stock or maybe had muffler swap as it sounded a bit louder than I imagine a stock one sounding.. Who knows.. Sounded Good none the less

We both took off moderately and by mid intersection I heard him floor it so basically it was a roll into 5mph then fully floored, we hit at same time and Pulled him about a fender to 55  then he started to creep about a fender ahead of me before we shut down at maybe 65ish cuz a car was coming up ahead of him. Seemed about right since If we would have continued he would have pulled on me further no doubt. But it was enough that once we shut down he stayed back a ways.  Guess he didn't expect me to keep up? I was pissed tho cuz when  we hit the light I was thinking I should turn my A/C off in case he runs cuz it makes my truck such a slouch off the line with it on but stupid me thought nah, he won't run. Guess I was wrong lol. Fun run tho. 

48 minutes ago, younggunls1 said:

Hit a light with a challenger R/T today.. Was newer one I'm assuming.. Had the orange rings around the headlights. Not sure what they have for power.. Sounded like he was stock or maybe had muffler swap as it sounded a bit louder than I imagine a stock one sounding.. Who knows.. Sounded Good none the less

We both took off moderately and by mid intersection I heard him floor it so basically it was a roll into 5mph then fully floored, we hit at same time and Pulled him about a fender to 55  then he started to creep about a fender ahead of me before we shut down at maybe 65ish cuz a car was coming up ahead of him. Seemed about right since If we would have continued he would have pulled on me further no doubt. But it was enough that once we shut down he stayed back a ways.  Guess he didn't expect me to keep up? I was pissed tho cuz when  we hit the light I was thinking I should turn my A/C off in case he runs cuz it makes my truck such a slouch off the line with it on but stupid me thought nah, he won't run. Guess I was wrong lol. Fun run tho. 

Interesting .... Maybe you can try a charger next ;) 

Don't remember.. Maybe like 9.1? But we didn't race anywhere near an 1/8th mile..only to like 65..1/8th I think was around 81+mph..by 80 he'd probably have a car length or more on me which would be a good half second quicker in the 1/8th.. But I don't drive like a maniac on the streets. That was fast enough. I didn't expect it to be that close, but it was.. 

10 minutes ago, younggunls1 said:

Don't remember.. Maybe like 9.1? But we didn't race anywhere near an 1/8th mile..only to like 65..1/8th I think was around 81+mph..by 80 he'd probably have a car length or more on me which would be a good half second quicker in the 1/8th.. But I don't drive like a maniac on the streets. That was fast enough. I didn't expect it to be that close, but it was.. 

Just curious about your 1/8 .... Yeah me either. I'm pretty calm and collected when I drive in the streets. My fuse it's pretty small though

My truck isn't fast by any means... It's a heavy AWD truck. That's why I surprised in the outcome. My last SS which was 2wd had an intake and was street tuned was way quicker and more responsive. But this one does the job so I can't complain..other than gas mileage lol..  I bet my old one would have been capable of a 13.7 ish 1/4 mile in ideal conditions while this one all stock and AWD probably could only get maybe a 14.1 if I were lucky. Not fast at all