younggunls1

Truck At The Dealer Again

Hopefully not long.. But that's never the case for me. Sounds like my front differential or something is going bad.. Took it in and took the service manager for a drive and he said there's definitely a problem. So had to leave it there and get a rental... Just hoping it's drivetrain related and that my warranty will cover.. We all know how much my warranty company loves me by now...

20170208_135837_HDR~2.jpg

Front pinion bearing in front differential... Everything has to be disassembled... Hopefully everything in the front carrier isnt the filled with metal and ruined... $2500-3000 To fix dealer prices are bullshit but what can I do... Warranty should cover it manager said.. If not I'm fucked and I won't be fixing.. I'll be parking the truck til I can afford to fix it in the future and find a cheaper shop... Just dont have that kind of money laying around to throw at it

Warranty company is covering it.. Said should have it back by Tuesday...now I just need the transmission to go out before end of April do I can get that replaced... Then it will basically be a brand new truck

Damn. Lucked out. That insurance company is not happy with you right now lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

At dealer.. Truck was on alignment rack so that should be it.. I said so it will be done shortly... You advisor tells me well they are gonna wanna drive it to make sure thing are good so probably keep it til morning... Soon as I start to leave my truck goes by so I followed it.. All the way back to the dealer lol.. They just went for another drive tho cuz while I'm sitting here in the lot like a stalker I saw it go back out.. Not sure how many times they will need to drive it.. Or if they have an issue they aren't telling me about but I'm gonna sit here a bit.. Rather than come back later.. We'll see I guess..

Well there is an issue... Transmission lol.. They said they will need me to put some miles on it and wait a week or two to bring it back before doing a claim for new Trans.. Depending on allowance I plan to put some extra cash down and get a built Trans shipped to dealer and installed. Then I'm prepared for more power later on.

My guess is they need me to wait cuz the problem I brought it in for did not get fixed.. It's exactly the same... So they know they fixed the wrong thing.. Thank God not on my dime.. So I need to put miles on it and then bring it back to them so they can figure out what's wrong with Trans... But now I have check engine light for a code for knock sensor... And it's running like shit.. Which I'm not sure if it's cuz of the Trans or engine issue.. It has no power and accelerates really weird.. Sometimes like the converter is locking up and when I try to accelerate it won't unlock or download shift unless I push hard then finally does... Just frustrated with this truck at this point.

I think you need to give up on the automotive world and get into either planes or bikes or motorcycles as a mode of transportation cause your luck with cars sucks a$$...funny and not funny at the same time.

New transmission and Torque converter was just approved.. GM too so he said 3 yr 100k mile warranty. Warranty companies total bill on this truck after this repair is around $17k said they are ordering it today so hopefully will be here by Saturday or Monday at latest and I'll get it back Tuesday they are shooting for. Better be noise free and drive like a dream since that whole damn drivetrain will be brand new

Ya I never believed in them.. But on a truck that I know has weak spots and after this experience to me it seems worth it... Especially since I paid like $1500 for the warranty... I think it was worth it for sure. Old Friend of mine just got a used car and didn't get the warranty... He's out 5k now for a new engine.

Wow. The story on this car is crazy lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I know, right? If someone told me all this ahead of time I wouldn't have believed it lol.. Well now I'll have basically 3 yr warranty on whole drivetrain so I'm definitely keeping it...Just have to hold off on modifications performance wise for a while.. Im fine with that. I don't have much equity in it at the moment since I've only had less than a year so would be dumb to trade it cuz I'd go negative. But damn I'm basically driving a brand new truck other than wear and tear items like suspension etc.. But that's all shit I do myself anyways

Trans is in.. Drives awesome according to the guy.. Noise still there... They said it's definitely front differential which I said how you just fixed it... They said they replaced every part but the ring and pinion gear set because GM has discontinued the part so it is no longer available.. But that it was in perfectly good shape... Well guess it wasn't! They aren't sure what to do now as they are looking or aftermarket companies and hopefully find something, but it has to be tore down again IF they actually find a replacement which is new cuz they said they wont put used parts in it on me.. which means another week here probably if they can find something. You have no idea how furious I am right now.. They don't even know what to say to me at this point..I was in managers office and he was basically speechless and calling every guy he could in there to get on top of finding a part.. Im just so fed up with this bullshit.

Trans is in.. Drives awesome according to the guy.. Noise still there... They said it's definitely front differential which I said how you just fixed it... They said they replaced every part but the ring and pinion gear set because GM has discontinued the part so it is no longer available.. But that it was in perfectly good shape... Well guess it wasn't! They aren't sure what to do now as they are looking or aftermarket companies and hopefully find something, but it has to be tore down again IF they actually find a replacement which is new cuz they said they wont put used parts in it on me.. which means another week here probably if they can find something. You have no idea how furious I am right now.. They don't even know what to say to me at this point..I was in managers office and he was basically speechless and calling every guy he could in there to get on top of finding a part.. Im just so fed up with this bullshit.

Damn bro that sucks but look at the bright side basically new everything for free

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Well my warranty company called the dealer and told them they won't be paying for anymore repairs as I have maxed out my policy limit. So dealer said they are still going to go forward with the repair.. Which is about $2600 I think from last time.. And they are going to take care of it for me. Guess I don't get anymore new parts before end of April anymore... I doubt there is anything left that would have been covered anyways tho lol.

Well my warranty company called the dealer and told them they won't be paying for anymore repairs as I have maxed out my policy limit. So dealer said they are still going to go forward with the repair.. Which is about $2600 I think from last time.. And they are going to take care of it for me. Guess I don't get anymore new parts before end of April anymore... I doubt there is anything left that would have been covered anyways tho lol.

hahahaha, they were like, screw this guy